Carlo Nobili S.p.A. has always been characterised by being a pioneer in the protection of the environment: in this sense, environmental protection and the search for eco-compatible solutions for carrying out its activities play a role of primary importance.
The Environmental Policy document sets out guiding principles defined as commitments, in which the management outlines the company's intentions to support and improve its environmental performance. The Environmental Policy thus defined enables the company to set its environmental objectives, to take appropriate action to achieve the results expected from the Environmental Management System and to achieve continuous improvement.
The commitment to safeguarding the environment as a determining factor for quality of life and sustainable development can be summarised by the following elements, which, in addition to being consistent with the company context and objectives, constitute the frame of reference for the objectives that the company intends to pursue, build upon and divulge both internally and by highlighting said information for the benefit of the interested parties:
- To express the intention to reconcile the requirements for economic development and essential values and environmental awareness, by fostering a culture of environmental mindfulness among all personnel, whilst simultaneously improving how the company is perceived by the outside world
- To explain company guidelines in terms of environmental protection
- To share the relevant management principles intended to promote continuous improvement with the interested parties, employees, partners, contractors, customers, institutions and citizens
- Environmental protection and the prevention of pollution by means of efficient operational and production management, by applying the right environmental management policies
- The communication, for the benefit of interested parties, of the results obtained by environmental management activities through the measuring and monitoring of performances
- To implement, document and maintain an active Environmental Management System in accordance with the requirements of Legislative Decree 152:2006 and standard ISO 14001:2015
The Environmental Policy involves the implementation of the following management principles:
- Compliance with current environmental legislation, relevant regulations and company procedures as regards environmental protection
- The use of processes and technologies that prevent and/or reduce the impact on the environment
- The management of production activities so as to reduce the environmental impact that is directly attributable to said activities, with particular attention on the management of produced waste and the risks linked to the use of polluting substances
- The optimisation of energy consumption and raw materials, by increasing the use of re-usable and recyclable materials where possible, and promoting the management of waste with a view to its reduction and re-use
- Within the company, through constant awareness-raising, increase the level of awareness of employees, suppliers and customers regarding the environmental and safety implications of their activities, creating an essential element for improving company performance
- Involvement and participation of staff in the process of continuous improvement and prevention in the field of environmental protection; development of a general awareness that responsibility for environmental protection lies with all workers, according to individual competence
The Environmental Policy is therefore aimed at preventing pollution of any type and represents a guide for the continual improvement of environmental performances and the relative Environmental Management System. It is also the reference framework for the definition and review of environmental objectives.
The Management is committed to making the appropriate resources and means available to achieve the established objectives, in terms of skills, equipment, information, economic and financial resources, and verifying the implementation and adequacy of the above on an annual basis.
Suno, February 26, 2021